IDW PROGRAMMING FOR COMIC-CON@HOME
Comic-Con International has created dedicated web pages (see links below) for each panel, where fans can sign up for automatic notification for when the panels will go live online! And don’t worry if you miss the panel when it first launches — the best thing about Comic-Con@Home is that you can watch any and all programming at your leisure from the comfort of your own home, anytime you want!
IDW Presents: G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes with Rob Liefeld
Snake Eyes is back, with veteran comic book creator Rob Liefeld (New Mutants, X-Force, Youngblood) leading the charge! Get a first look at his take on the G.I. Joe character with Liefeld and moderator Jim Viscardi (Comicbook.com executive editor).
· Rob Liefeld (writer/artist, Snake Eyes: Deadgame)
· Jim Viscardi (Comicbook.com executive editor)
Panel Goes Live: Thursday, July 23, at 2:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at:
The Science of Back to the Future
Flux Capacitor, hoverboards, flying cars, and time travel. The Back to the Future stories have introduced us to a lot of interesting and futuristic ideas. Join the Fleet Science Center and IDW for a closer look at the Back to the Future comic series and for an exciting reveal of a mind-blowing crossover: Back to the Future meets Transformers! The creative team behind Back to the Future, Transformers, and the new crossover will share how they dream up their fantastic stories and discuss with local scientists if and how the science in their stories might work.
· John Barber (IDW editor-in-chief, writer, Back to the Future and Transformers)
· Cavan Scott (writer, Back to the Future)
· Juan Samu (artist, Transformers)
· Saura Naderi (outreach director at the Halıcıoğlu Data Science Institute at UC San Diego, engineer and robot builder)
· Dr. Lisa Will (Fleet Science Center resident astronomer, professor of physics and astronomy at the San Diego City College)
· Andrea Decker (Fleet Science Center)
Panel Goes Live: Thursday, July 23, at 3:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d224/the-science-of-back-to-the-future
IDW Presents: Draw a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle!
TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman, writer and artist Sophie Campbell, and artist Chad Thomas bring the turtles to life demonstrate how to draw everyone’s favorite ninja turtles while discussing the IDW TMNT comics with moderator Caleb Goellner (journalist, author).
· Kevin Eastman (co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
· Sophie Campbell (writer/artist, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
· Chad Thomas (artist, Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Sound Off!)
· Caleb Goellner (journalist, writer)
Panel Goes Live: Friday, July 24, at 1:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d3sl/idw-draw-a-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle
IDW Presents: The Mueller Report in 10 Minutes
Join Shannon Wheeler (cartoonist) and Steve Duin (journalist) as they take you through the ins-and-outs of the Mueller Report. They recently turned the political tome into a pithy graphic novel (published by IDW – out in September 2020). Was there collusion? Was there obstruction? Did the Russians interfere in our election? There is no conspiracy theory, just the facts that Mueller investigated and laid out. Get a good understanding about what this book is, and isn’t, by joining these two luminaries on a journey of understanding one of the most mis-represented books in recent history.
· Shannon Wheeler (cartoonist)
· Steve Duin (journalist)
Panel Goes Live: Friday, July 24, at 5:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d3uU/idw-the-mueller-report-in-10-minutes
IDW Presents: Jim Lee’s X-Men Artist’s Edition Spotlight
Get the inside scoop on IDW Publishing’s newest Artist Edition book from one of the most popular comic book artists of all time, Jim Lee! Scott Dunbier (IDW, Director of Special Projects), Dirk Wood (IDW, Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing), and Scott Williams (artist, inker) join Jim for a discussion about this very special Artist’s Edition featuring Jim Lee’s stellar work on X-Men and more stellar Artist Editions coming this year.
· Jim Lee (artist of X-Men, Batman: Hush, Superman, creator of WildC.A.T.s)
· Scott Williams (artist, inker, Jim Lee’s X-Men Artist’s Edition)
· Scott Dunbier (IDW, director of special projects)
· Dirk Wood (IDW, senior vice president integrated marketing)
Panel Goes Live: Saturday, July 25, at 12:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d4x3/jim-lees-x-men-artist-edition-spotlight
IDW Presents: IDW in 2020 and Beyond
Look ahead to everything new from IDW Publishing! Learn what’s next for your favorite series and much, much more! There’s nowhere better to get a behind-the-scenes look at IDW than this conversation with Chris Ryall (IDW president, publisher, and chief creative officer), John Barber (IDW editor-in-chief) and moderator George Gene Gustines (senior editor at The New York Times).
· Chris Ryall (IDW president, publisher, and chief creative officer)
· John Barber (IDW editor-in-chief)
· George Gene Gustines (senior editor at The New York Times)
Panel Goes Live: Saturday, July 25, at 2:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d4xv/idw-in-2020-and-beyond
Fantagraphics and IDW Present: Classic Comics Reprints
Classic comic reprints give readers of all ages a chance to read comic classics in new and exciting ways. Join moderator Karen Green (curator for comics and cartoons, Columbia University’s Rare Book & Manuscript Library) and panelists Dean Mullaney (The Library of American Comics creative director), Peter Maresca (founder and publisher of Sunday Press), and Eric Reynolds (Fantagraphics associate publisher) for a celebration of comic classics.
· Eric Reynolds (Fantagraphics associate publisher)
· Dean Mullaney (The Library of American Comics creative director)
· Pete Maresca (founder and publisher of Sunday Press)
· Karen Green (curator for comics and cartoons, Columbia University’s Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
Panel Goes Live: Saturday, July 25, at 6:00pm.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d4zW/fantagraphics-and-idw-classic-comics-reprints
IDW Presents: Imagination & Fun for Kids!
Tune into this engaging exploration of comics and graphic novels for kids! Moderator and author Sam Maggs (Marvel Action: Captain Marvel) joins some of the best storytellers in the IDW Publishing stable including Evan Stanley (Sonic the Hedgehog), Tony Fleecs (My Little Pony, Star Wars Adventures), plus graphic novel creators Kim Dwinell (Surfside Girls), James Kochalka (Johnny Boo), and Adam Tierney (Afraid of Everything) as they show kids how to unlock their creative potential!
· Tony Fleecs (artist, My Little Pony, Star Wars Adventures)
· Evan Stanley (writer/artist, Sonic the Hedgehog)
· Kim Dwinell (writer/artist, Surfside Girls)
· Adam Tierney (writer, Afraid of Everything)
· James Kochalka (creator, Johnny Boo)
· Sam Maggs (writer, Marvel Action: Captain Marvel)
Panel Goes Live: Sunday, July 26, at 10:00am.
Sign up for the panel at: https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d5xh/imagination-amp-fun-for-kids-the-idw-way